Balingcaguing is the original name of this town which was founded in the year 1610. Originally part of Zambales, it consists of a land area of 27,150 hectares. No record exists to show the exacts date when it became part of Pangasinan. However, the church’s records show that in 1930 the name Balingcaguing was changed to Mabini. The town’s patron is the Holy Child or “Sto. NiÑo”.