The parish was erected in July, 1943 by Bishop Mariano Madriaga with St. Gabriel the Archangel as Patron Saint. Father Jesus Sison (now retired Bishop of Tarlac), was the first parish priest of Bonuan. He served the parish for 21 years. He buikt the first church, beside a big convent. Father Luis Ungson replaced the old Church with a big beautiful one in 1969.